Adopt a School Campaign
Drug Prevention and Character Building
Our Kids are Worth the Work!
Steered Straight delivers presentations to schools on bullying, drugs, alcohol, peer pressure and gang resistance. Michael DeLeon and his team of presenters travel the country bringing about awareness on the core topics. Over the years, he has spoken to over 5 million students. This year he would like to travel with the help of your sponsorship.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION HELPS TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING PACKAGE FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
- Module 1: 60-90 minute presentation hosted by Steered Straight Presentation Team
- Module 2: Daily Student Supportive-Journalism Assignments
- Module 3: Peer Leadership/ mentoring training – Workplace readiness
- Module 4: Drug Education Workshop
- Module 5: Fun facts weekly classroom activities
- Module 6: Table Talks (Parent’s guide to meaningful conversations with kids.)
- Module 7: Daily Morning Announcements
All modules are guided by a shared monthly topic and help school satisfy state regulated core curriculum. Steered Straight programs are custom adaptations of SAMHSA listed Evidence Based-Practices.
Steered Straight Back-to-School Donation Market Place
August’s Discussion Question: Let’s Talk…
Summer is coming to an end. Post to share ways you and your child prepare for learning and interacting with classmates for the upcoming school year. Do you get a tutor for subjects they may have needed help with last school year? Do you switch back to school sleep schedule? Do you begin positive speech about their grades, performance and attitudes toward school? Do you ask your child what are their goals for the school year?
Positive #TurnUp Picture Contest
Join our Student Supporters — Submit Positive #TurnUp Entries for Prizes