Steered Straight Presenter John Fuqua.
True Stories that inspire and promote success. Much more than a speaker. We don’t just Tell Stories, we Teach Stories. Students are captivated and engaged and more than 80% of surveyed students have a conversation with their Parents or Guardians about the session. With our Back to the Classroom Program, these presentations last all year long through educational modules
You have many options available to you in order to educate students through student assemblies and group presentations, as well as a community through Town Halls or Parent Nights. We understand your time is limited and budgets are even more so. We are extremely cost-effective and we can conduct multiple assemblies to accommodate the population. It is critical to reach students and parents with a message that resonates, and Steered Straight presentations are the most effective, not only in getting the message to students, but having the message penetrate and stay with them long after the assembly is over.
- Our messages help schools, law-enforcement agencies and organizations to curb the rising tide of juvenile delinquency, youth involvement in gangs, and drug and alcohol use and abuse among our youth.
- We inform the community (youth, parents, educators, etc.) about the evils and truths of crime, gang involvement, addiction, and life in prison.
- Our prevention programs are primarily innovative programs of prevention and intervention and closely follow the 16 Prevention Program Principles of the National Institute on Drug Abuse; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ National Institutes of Health.
- Our prevention programs enhance protective factors and reverse or reduce risk factors. They are innovative and motivational. They inspire student audiences and captivate staff and parents.
- Our prevention programs are catered to the audience, including age, size, and racial make-up, as well as unique issues that face each group.
- We avoid profanity in our presentations and emphasize the seriousness of the issues without using overly graphic language or situations.