*Drug Prevention Education *Character Building Assemblies *Peer-Mentor Leadership Training *Recovery Interventions
A Message from the Founder
School Assemblies & Teacher/Parent Resources
Your Community Helpers
Weed Between the Lines
“The Truth about Marijuana and Vaping”
What makes Steered Straight unique:
Steered Straight is much more than a visit – our “Back to the Classroom” year-long curriculum sets our program apart. The program kicks off with a dynamic presentation given by skilled, motivational speakers with real-life experience and poignant stories of consequence. We compliment the message with a daily, weekly, and monthly collection of education, interactive exercises, and prevention material.
What audience members will gain from these seminars and presentations:
- Better understanding about consequences of negative choices
- Thought provoking lessons about the lasting effects of poor decisions
- Real-life examples of consequences and poor choices
- Message resonates long after the assemblies and presentations are over
We deliver a message that will help children, especially teenagers, to:
- Question their assumptions about bullying, gangs, drug use and crime
- Analyze the social norms of the peers around them
- Develop a self-paradigm to live by rather than the social mirror so many of them use to gauge their direction
- Learn to rationally and intelligently make the right life choices
To steer youth toward making sound, rational decisions by creating a learning experience that provides them with a message of reality and helps them to make positive, informed choices.
Students at James Caldwell High School learned first-hand the dangers of drug abuse and gang violence from Michael DeLeon, 52-year-old motivational speaker from Rockaway, on Tuesday, April 18. After nearly eight years of drug addiction and gang involvement, DeLeon...
“If we don’t come together, every sector of society, we are going to continue this pandemic,” says DeLeon.
Michael DeLeon wants kids today to make better choices than him. “I don’t want my past to be their future,” DeLeon said.
Michael DeLeon, a national public speaker from New Jersey, spends most of his year visiting schools and community organizations around the country, speaking to kids and adults about the growing drug epidemic.
Powerful and Effective Student Programs for Schools and Communities throughout America with unparalleled presenters carrying an in-depth message that resonates with students, staff and parents.
Effective Student Assemblies
Bullying Prevention Programs
Gang Awareness & Prevention Program
Drug & Alcohol Awareness Seminars
Effective Student Curriculum
Alternatives to Violence Program
Professional Development Workshops
Community & Parental Presentations
As Seen On: