*Drug Prevention Education *Character Building Assemblies *Peer-Mentor Leadership Training
Steered Straight, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing educational programs and materials to youth, families and communities across the country and around the world. We are a 100% Secular organization without any affiliation with any Church, religion, or any other organizations of any kind.
WE HAVE NO POLITICAL AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER.
#1 Booked School Presenter in America!
Michael DeLeon has become the #1 booked School Presenter in America visiting 616 schools in 40 states in 2018 alone. Michael is the leading subject matter expert on vaping and current youth drug trends.
School Assemblies & Teacher/Parent Resources
VAPING ME CRAZY
“Youth E-Cigarette and Vaping Prevention”
The complete misunderstood fixation of the Vape and the JUUL by adolescents
The susceptibility of the adolescent brain to this dangerous stimulant
The systemic dangers to the brain and body that is completely underestimated
The Tri-Fecta Gateway of Nicotine, Alcohol and Marijuana
A recent survey of kids resulted in 37% of kids stating they did not even know that it was nicotine they were inhaling when they were vaping this trendy little device – the JUUL.
25% of teens surveyed don’t even call what they’re doing, “Vaping”. They call it “JUULing” and they literally don’t consider it the same thing, and most don’t consider it dangerous. Many teens and young adults don’t even know they are inhaling an addictive substance – nicotine. These products don’t even have labeling informing the user that they contain nicotine until regulations are created and enforced.
Another GRAVE Danger is the ease with which kids can get Liquid THC, which many people mistakenly refer to as liquid marijuana. There are a plethora of website and kits to turn any and every e-liquid into a THC-liquid, and estimates of as much as 40% of all e-liquid devices confiscated by middle and high school students test positive for THC.
Now, much of America mistakenly believe that marijuana is harmless, and this in turn has misled youth to believe the same thing, but we are NOT talking about marijuana here. We are talking about a genetically-modified, commercialized, synthetic drug that is a super-high potency THC, and youth are ingesting it without ANY understanding of what it will do to the brain and body.
As with other activities, teenagers are prone to try new things with their friends, and that includes sharing vaping products that their friends may have bought. Many states don’t have age restrictions for vape purchases, so kids don’t believe that it’s even harmful to them.
- It can alter nerve cell functioning in teen development
- Each JUUL pod is equal to 200 cigarette puffs. That’s like smoking a PACK-A-DAY
- Vaping lowers the body’s ability to fight infections
- Chemicals in vape smoke causes “popcorn lung” and other bronchial problems
- Lithium ion-powered vapes can blow up
- Levels of nicotine are completely lacking ANY control or quality
- Metal particles and metal traces can be deadly
- Vapes also contain formaldehyde, embalming fluid, propylene glycol and other dangerous substances
- Pneumonia is a much higher risk for vape users
- Early studies link a much higher association to depression by vape users
- There is virtually no long-term scientific studies done and nearly every study indicating the safety of vapes, e-cigarettes and JUULs have been funded by the Industry
Vaping Prevention for Kids
Unmatched Presentations and Seminars for Specific
Community and School Audiences
Weed Between the Lines
“The Truth about Marijuana and Vaping”
Your Community Helpers
What makes Steered Straight unique:
Steered Straight is much more than a visit – our “Back to the Classroom” year-long curriculum sets our program apart. The program kicks off with a dynamic presentation given by skilled, motivational speakers with real-life experience and poignant stories of consequence. We compliment the message with a daily, weekly, and monthly collection of education, interactive exercises, and prevention material.
What audience members will gain from these seminars and presentations:
- Better understanding about consequences of negative choices
- Thought provoking lessons about the lasting effects of poor decisions
- Real-life examples of consequences and poor choices
- Message resonates long after the assemblies and presentations are over
We deliver a message that will help children, especially teenagers, to:
- Question their assumptions about bullying, gangs, drug use and crime
- Analyze the social norms of the peers around them
- Develop a self-paradigm to live by rather than the social mirror so many of them use to gauge their direction
- Learn to rationally and intelligently make the right life choices
To steer youth toward making sound, rational decisions by creating a learning experience that provides them with a message of reality and helps them to make positive, informed choices.
“I think you can beat drugs and alcohol without God. But if you have God’s spiritual principles in your life you’re going to have a recovery beyond your wildest dreams. Because it’s not about getting clean. It’s not staying off the drugs. It’s about renewing your life and growing into the person you were destined to be, finding your purpose in your life.”
Ohio remains the epicenter of the opioid epidemic. In light of the drug issues in the area, the Family Recovery Center’s Education Department brought a nationally-renowned speaker to the city of Steubenville Tuesday.
Students at James Caldwell High School learned first-hand the dangers of drug abuse and gang violence from Michael DeLeon, 52-year-old motivational speaker from Rockaway, on Tuesday, April 18.
“If we don’t come together, every sector of society, we are going to continue this pandemic,” says DeLeon.
Powerful and Effective Student Programs for Schools and Communities throughout America with unparalleled presenters
carrying an in-depth message that resonates with students, staff and parents.
Effective Student Assemblies
Bullying Prevention Programs
Gang Awareness & Prevention Program
Drug & Alcohol Awareness Seminars
Effective Student Curriculum
Alternatives to Violence Program
Professional Development Workshops
Community & Parental Presentations
As Seen On: